Saturday, May 29, 2010

Night three of CIO

SO much better! About 10 minutes of crying (not wailing) and then one or two awakenings where she fussed then went back down. I am not about to believe this is going to be it, that we have it. But after the last 2 nights of agony this is a welcome respite.

Maddy's a rotating sleeper. She starts with her head at 12 o'clock. By the time fussing stops it's at about 2 o'clock. Before Neil and I went to bed last night it was at 5 o'clock. At 230am, for her feed? at 11 o'clock. The problem is she's almost longer than the crib is wide, which means once I went in there and her little feet were between the crib slats (still in her swaddle).

Today is also the day we switched Maddy to the next level of bottle nipples. For 3-6 months, with a larger opening. It was hard for her at first, she'd almost choke on the increased flow. But by the end of the day she had it pretty well down. It means feeds are MUCH faster and it'll also get her ready for the feeling of the extra-runny solids that she'll be starting in the next month or two. We tried these nipples about a month ago and it was just too much for her. And me. But today we had success!

Tonight the snow is gently falling (yes, I said snow) and I am watching the leaves on the trees get heavy and point to the ground. My husband is making music in the basement, and I can hear the funky notes through the floor. My daughter is peacefully sleeping in her crib, with the occasional sigh coming through the monitor. And I am sitting, drinking wine and reviewing my journey to get to meet Maddy and what has happened since. I am so thankful for this blog, for a place to record my thoughts. And that I can share this adventure with friends and family. For whoever is reading this blog, thank you for coming on this journey with me. And, hey, if you are here, please leave a comment! Let me know who is with me so I won't repeat me stories to you in person too *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment