Tuesday, June 1, 2010

One year ago today...

One year ago today I peed on an advanced piece of technology. It that told me I was pregnant. Me. Having a baby. A HUMAN. I remember the disbelief at seeing "pregnant". Running down the stairs, waving the stick, to tell Neil. I remember the shock on his face. I remember us sitting there, talking and panicking and holding each other.Then the tendrils of excitement starting. We made a person, part me and part Neil. We ran out to the bookstore, to research what was happening in me and what we needed to do. Then we went to baba and dido's to tell them. I remember dad crying from joy. I remember mom starting to plan the wedding *grin*. Then off to the drugstore for vitamins. Finally, back home to let it all sink in.

It took awhile... but she's here! Dad is changing her diaper in the other room and I can hear her giggling. Our little Maddy, our baby girl who is already showing an awesome (and determined) personality. I can't wait to see what the next year will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment