Monday, August 23, 2010

We are home!

After a lotta driving and not a lotta stopping we MADE IT HOME! I rushed into the house and called for Maddy. Baba had her ready for bed but she was still up. And there she was. My baby girl! I rushed up to baba and took Maddy in my arms. She looked at me quizzically. I think I was expecting (hoping?) that I'd get a huge smile of joy at seeing mama. After some time, and many songs and tractor games and mirror time we got a small smile. And then it was bedtime. She was up a little later than usual, just so we could see her before bed.

But she has GROWN. Omg she's grown. She's thicker and heavier and her head shape has changed and her face has changed. She's grown up so much in 5 days! Baba and Dido are saying that she's started to get up on her hands and knees (although she's not sure what to do after that).

I went in and watched her sleep. She's laying on her side, her thumb deeply in her mouth, her blanket wrapped around her. Tomorrow we'll spend the day, as a family of three, and all get to know each other again. I plan on nibbling Maddy until she giggles uncontrollably and holding her until she gets tired of being in my arms and watching her roll and get up on her hands and knees and make her favorite foods and stare into her eyes. Our vacation was wonderful! Our homecoming? Even better, because the most perfect thing was waiting in baba's arms for our return.

No comments:

Post a Comment