Monday, October 4, 2010

A wonderful weekend with the girls (and one boy)

This weekend Madds and I went down to Calgary for a reunion weekend with some friends from University. A friend, her 2.5 year old daughter, Maddy and I piled into the CR-V and drove down. Both our girls were really well behaved on the trip down and it was so much fun to listen to the (endless) questions of a 2 and a half year old. Too soon we'll be trying to answer Maddy's questions. Aack!

We met with three girlfriends down there, one with an 11 month old daughter, one with a 6 week old son (the lone boy) and one that is childless (and gets to sleep in still). It was wonderful to get a chance to sit together, talk and catch up. We were all so close in University, many years ago, and it's wonderful to still have the friendship and connection. And with 3 other moms, it was also great to share information and lessons learned. I can understand why a community of women raised the children - one person cannot know it all. Even WITH the internet *grin*.

I was so impressed with Maddy! She was so easy-going and was comfortable being held by pretty much anyone. She went to bed well and slept well. Even when she didn't get to nap long enough, she was happy. I couldn't have dreamed for a way she could have been better. And I did pack way too much, of course, but at least I didn't forget anything. Better to have too much, than too little. Especially when I don't have to carry it far.

Since coming back, Madds is babbling in a way she never did before. I think she learned from Eva and all the beautiful chatting she does! And she's also learned downward dog - she gets on her feet and hands. No clue who taught her that, but it's pretty impressive. She's exploring more and I can't keep her in a room at all. The one bad change is her morning waking time has changed to 630am. And that is too early for this mama. I was handling 7am, I am not as happy losing that 30 minutes. Well, time for another coffee, someone's nap time and the rest of the day starts. First up? Laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment