Sunday, February 27, 2011

This n' that

Tonight Neil and I are sitting, relaxing, computering and watching the Oscars. Someone won, and this someone said "To my daughter, who has taught me more than I could ever teach her". Those words brought tears to my eyes... the truth of them hit me at my core. The last 13 months have made my life make sense, my world is clear, my purpose realized. I am meant to be the mother to my most amazing little girl. I have already learned patience and priorities, what truly matters, how beautiful the sound of laughter can be and how much joy one small human can bring to life. This little girl? She is also possibly the only person in existence to wear bright red jeggings with flair and panache.  Well, maybe just wear them and look absolutely freaking adorable.

Tonight Maddy woke with a cry, and I went in to check on her. She was distraught because she was on one end of the crib and her Roger (teddy) on the other. Once Roger was in her arms, she nestled into my arms and calmed. And I held my girl, smelled the shampoo in her hair and sang her the lullaby I always do. And I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment