Wednesday, March 9, 2011

You can go back

Today Maddy and I went back to my old office to visit friends there. It was so great to see everyone! Maddy had a rough morning nap (as in a short one) and was a little grumpy when we left the house. I really had no clue how she'd do. But as soon as we got there, I took her out of the stroller and she was MOVING! Walking/running and  exploring all the new stuff. Diane, a coworker, was able to pick Maddy up and walk around the floor, showing Maddy off, as I caught up with someone. I kept watching and listening for Maddy, in case she got upset. Most kids? They would get upset away from their mom, in the arms of a stranger and in a new place. Not my girl. She happily visited people and was her usual charming self. They only time she got upset has when mama picked her up and tried to put her in the stroller, taking her away from her new friends and play-place.

Her outgoingness, while awesome, scares me too. A stranger can pick her up and carry her off in complete silence. She doesn't play shy... And my heart skips a beat at the thought of someone taking advantage of that. Maybe I spent too much time near policing and am being paranoid. Please tell me I am being paranoid. Please.

Moms/dads/people in the know, I have a question. Maddy's gums on the bottom. On each side, about half way along the gum line on the sides are 2 large and swollen nubs. Are those molars coming through? If not, very small aliens are emerging from her gums instead of her belly a la the movies... If they are teeth? OUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment